Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 43 - A Day with the Dogs in Bernalillo

Day 43 = June 21

I found in the morning that Lucy had slept outside my door all night. That was nice. I've not really had very many dog friends take to me so well. :)

I slept in and when I came down everyone was gone. I had some breakfast and then observed that the 3 chihuahuas they were dog-sitting for a few days were not behind the 2 gates I'd expected them to be behind (a couple are not well enough house-trained to be free in the house). Lucy alone was standing her large self behind the opened gate as if to show how well-behaved she was. Sidney nowhere to be seen. All 3 were in the living room on the leather sofa.



















I was not sure how they would take to being moved by a stranger and texted Lucas to see if they should be moved back behind the gates. He answered yes, and I undertook to befriend each and move them. It worked all right.









































I then found they had Avatar and blu ray...and since they had the single largest television screen I'd ever seen, I settled myself in for some blogging and movie-watching. I thought it was a good time for a break day.




































At the end of the movie I discovered the 3 forbidden ones had made their escapes yet again! Only this time they were less easy to herd as they knew what was coming. #3 held out the most and growled and bristled at me, but after all he was a very little fellow so I grabbed him round with a blanket and put him out behind the gate.

Then I went exploring...I thought I might eat somewhere, but the movie had taken longer than I'd thought and it turns out everything around there (almost everything) closes about 8:30 pm. Small towns. So I finally found a McDonald's (not so very 'local' but food all the same) and then purchased a sports watch with a stopwatch at Walgreens before heading home.





















































Funny how dark it was at just ten. The sky was full of stars. Not as bright perhaps as Bermuda, but there were so many more visible than in Minneapolis. I came home and went to sleep. A quiet, relaxing day...debriefing a bit from my long travels...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing the information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!!
    House Renovations in Kingston

    ReplyDelete