Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 23 & 24 - Coming Home

It was supposed to be the 23rd. I took the day easy-ish and Erel went to say goodbye to Brett. Then we proceeded to the airport, returned our car etc. Went thru security and re-united for some time before Erel's flight left. Waaaaayyyll, my flight then was late. It was a pretty cheap flight maybe partly due to the 40 min. connection. I guess there was a storm like the Missouri stuff that the plane was flying around. After a long while it was confirmed that there was no way I was getting into Minneapolis that night. It was the first time in the trip I'd checked my luggage of course, so there was a runaround where they sent me to ticketing and then to baggage claim and then to ticketing before I finally located my luggage, and not before I broke down and said "okay, but I can't carry this anymore!" half tearily/half crabbily to an airline employee, about my backpack, which wasn't getting lighter as I shuttled from place to place, and was making my cubital-tunnel-syndrome-y arms swell up. They called a nice man to carry it for me when I went back upstairs to ticketing, where my roller bag finally was.

Soo, Gail & Dick picked me up and took me home for 1 more night. What's the saying, "guests are like fish...after a week they start to stink!"? Luckily that just put me at 6 days. :) Overnight the storm hit Nashville and I woke in the morning to really intense winds. Trees were apparently downed all over the city. A woman going through airport security told me about it and how they were so glad they'd gotten through, and when I (in a totally Christian nerdish way) genuinely exclaimed "Per-ays the Lord!" her eyes lighted up and said, "oh yes, they're good Christian people" which from her way of saying it did not make me like her or them very much, whoever she was referring to. It sounded more like, "oh yes, they are part of this club you and I are in, not out like those not-good not-Christian people"...bleh.

Still - that day, I got back to Minneapolis at noon-ish, and got picked up by my darlin'. Need I say more?

:) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment