Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 42 Part 2 - Last Morning in Santa Fe

Day 42 = June 20

There's an excellent story about these paintings. It reminds me of my 30th birthday when I was throwing a party in Brooklyn, and when decorating had regretted not having a frame for a particular pic I wanted to put up in the bathroom - that morning, I found a perfect frame sitting out near the curb with trash, while I was on my morning run. It was just right. In this story, told by my cousin Marie, she says she is not much of an admirer of church buildings, but one day she had gone in to a Catholic church which struck her as very beautiful, where even the 'stations of the cross' (the various stages of the crucifixion & redemption story) seemed to make sense for the first time, so much so that she had particularly prayed that God would help her not to forget it. That day, she received these two paintings on canvas in the mail, from a friend. She did not have frames for them. And then, soon after - or was it that day as well? - she found these frames laying on the roof of her house, perhaps left by the previous owners. Anyway, it was a pretty cool story.




















These last pics are just random ones from their house. They have a wood stove for heating and have a TON of wood for it. It was a very nice little place. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment