Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 33 - San Fran - The Tour Begins...

Day 33 = Jan 11

So I actually have one good friend in San Fran. Unfortunately he was pretty sick on Friday so he couldn't come to the FC show. His name is Jason Morrell. Here is a pic of him (stolen from his FB) at Four Barrell, his favorite coffee shop.

























He needed some time to work up to functional on Saturday, and I needed some time to catch up on my travel blog, so I took Liz's suggestion to catch a bite at The Grove and bring my computer. I was there for a few hours. It was excellent atmosphere and my tuna melt was awesome.




































Unfortunately, I ordered a pie that they forgot to give me, and I forgot to remind them as I was so deep in my blogging & people-watching etc. I remembered it after Jason picked me up. No worries, it comes into the story later.

We set out, & I sneakily take a photo of my driver (except I think he caught me :) )
























Our first stop is at the Palace of Fine Arts. It's pretty cool.




































We look over at the Golden Gate Bridge from near there, and then head on over ourselves.




































We can see Alcatraz from the bridge.



















Somewhere else we go there is a pool like at Caesarea made out of rocks...



















Golden Gate Park is immense. SF also has these cool tiny cars that they rent out...




































Here are the Painted Ladies that are famous houses (appear in opening credits of Full House etc.)



















...and here's some cool graffiti



















That's the speed tour! Thanks for riding the Jason Morrell Express! We stopped for dinner and then quickly faded. More to come on Day 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment