Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 6 - Indianapolis & the Marvelous Coopers




























We drove from Loganport, IN to Carmel, IN in the morning after breakfast and prayer with Tom & Pam. I had booked an evening flight to Minneapolis to return home for my grandfather’s funeral.

Though I had lofty intentions of making it to the HDG Mansur office for lunch, my former (NY) boss Dan suggested that stopping by the house for a visit with Gloria (his wife) might be more restful. Of their two daughters, Cathlina and Marina, Marina (pictured above) was not feeling well and was home for the day. It was nice to catch up with them. Their pets, which will later be featured in a ‘Dogs of America’ post once I catch up (I will!), were delightful, especially Scruffy, the Pomeranian. * love *

Dan & Gloria are so in love and Dan is such an inspiration. He is struggling with a back injury for which he has already had surgery and may require more, and – in rare form – he is of course planning to swim a mile in a triathlon this summer tho’ he just last fall had to re-learn to walk after the first surgery. While working as a managing director for a fund, he is working on books and probably painting too! (He’s the one who drew the squirrel in The Year Without You for those of you who own it). Always creating and challenging those around him. Part of the reason I came on permanently w/HDG Mansur was to be mentored by him. It was a really great visit. I'll have to spend more time next time I come that way, when I don't have to fly out early.

This last shot is Indianapolis as I left...

No comments:

Post a Comment