Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 3 Take 2 - Guns, Beer & Custard in Wisconsin*

1st Stop:

Danica Johnson & family in New Berlin, WI

L to R: Silas, Ella, Danica, Myra (not pictured - Charlie the baby, who was sleeping)














Danica's husband Matt


I went to Moody Bible Institute w/Danica, and she was on the same floor in my dorm. We just reconnected via Facebook recently and it was lovely to stop in for pulled pork sandwiches and meet her hubby & family!




























2nd & Final Stop of the Day:

Brian & Tiffany Lorence in Brookfield, WI. Brian and Jamie and I are all friends from a young adult church by the name of bluer that I helped start back in 2000. Brian and I co-led a small group in Uptown, and Jamie was in a ministry internship I co-led in the summer of 2002. This was the only stop on our trip where we BOTH knew the visitees/hosts in advance (except we hadn't met Tiffany yet), which was extra nice. They treated us to a meal at the famous Water House Brewery in Milwaukee. They also attempted to settle the debate about what is the best frozen custard in Milwaukee by taking us to Kopps. Apparently Milwaukee is famous for frozen custard. Who knew? Though we did not try any of their competitors' custard, we concluded it is certainly of superior quality. We stayed w/them in their marvelously large apt/condo (?), met their cat & dog who both had some major personality, and talked into late in the night about church-planting, theology, how they met etc… :) As you can see from this pic, they are a cute couple of characters!











* no guns were shot nor beer consumed in the making of this post (except for the beer Brian had at the brewery - and the root beer the rest of us had?)...however, the frozen custard was excellent and I am afraid it was eaten alive. sTOP thE vIoLence!

2 comments:

  1. Danica! Good times. Wish I was in country to participate in your visits. Wanna come to Italy? Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO want to come to Italy. Maybe next time I get a yen like this it will be to see all my friends in European countries? (Keely in Ireland, you in Italy, Zeb in Czech Rep...) :) My mom & dad both wish to see Italy, so maybe someday I can afford to take them/send them too!

    Btw, I added a label for 'MBI' for those most interested in the Moody connections of my trip (see label list at bottom of page to click through)!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete