Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 15 - Church, Old 'Hood, & FC Show in Brooklyn

I wanted to see my old church Trinity Grace, of course, so I planned to go to both services (they have 2 now, morning & evening). Tommy came in the morning and we met peoples, and hugged peoples, and he loved the music. Me too. Looooved it. :) SO good to see everyone. So sad I don't get to see them every week anymore!

Afterward we meandered homeward w/Christa through a street fair on Fifth Avenue, eating our way through empanadas, Brooklyn pizza, & fruit smoothies...I guess we drank the smoothies, to be exact. On Union, Tommy and I departed to take a quick jaunt through my old stomping grounds, across my beloved Gowanus Bridge - where the water is a terrible stinking mess so much worse now that it's been declared a government Superfund site than it ever was before - and past my old apartment, and briefly down Smith Street. We were tired and sore and it took great effort to explore even that far, so we turned back to go to Christa's so Tommy could rest for a wee hour before running off to Williamsburg for his show. He rested & I did a quick errand, and then we ran off to Williamsburg where we arrived early enough to enjoy a little stop at a coffee shop before the band arrived.



(photo courtesy of Tommy Rehbein)






















Then I sped back to Brooklyn, caught the end of the evening TGC service and talked w/my peeps there, and then had a great goodbye dinner w/our lovely hostess Christa. We discovered the most delicious non-fried fried rice EVER, just by chance on 5th ave. Totally going to have that again next time I visit. Here are a few cute pix of her!:




































Then it was off to Williamsburg again - Farewell Continental was playing at The Knitting Factory... which is a well known venue that I had never made it to while living here. It was a fantastic show. Tommy in particular was in top form and having a lot of fun, I thought - I could tell some good rest made a difference. My camera doesn't capture movement very well, however, so I can't really show you any action pix. But to end this post - I had to run back to Christa's to sleep before leaving for DC in the morning right after - here are a couple show pix:

No comments:

Post a Comment