Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 16 - Bethesda, MD & Washington DC

Welcome Erel Pilo as new travel partner!

I take a cab through the rain to Manhattan.
I've had about 4 hours of sleep; it is surreal-ish.



















Erel & I leave midtown at 10:30 a.m. on TripperBus.
I work on blog for a bit, Erel falls asleep.
I watch bits of movie White Chicks. We watch some of Beauty & the Beast.
I sleep.

4-5 hours later, we arrive in Bethesda, MD. Bethesda it turns out, is treeful. Verdant. Green.

We arrive to weather that is something like a rainforest. There is no way to expect what will happen next.



















Erel's sister Leeor picks us up from the bus. We come back to her apartment and settle in.

She feeds us fruit. We rest. In the evening, she and her boyfriend Colin take us to Cava in Washington DC, a Greek restaurant, where we eat mezze, share all the food and a bottle of wine, talk about music and life. We leave, sated, and wander through the neighborhood in a leisurely fashion, back to the car. We practice 3rd grade grins for the camera.




































I take this picture through a store window.



















When we drive home, they point out landmarks rising out of the dark. I try to take some pictures. Soon we are back at the apartment, in a very. deep. sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment