Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 44 - More Sanchez Fun in Albuquerque!

Day 44 = June 22

Introducing Megan - one of the many Sanchez grandchildren. :) Anna, one of Shalom's sisters, was babysitting Megan and her big sis Alexis in the morning, and was over a bit watching Eli as well. I went running and then came back to pack up and prepare for my last transfer - to Shalom's parent's house. She had drawn it in my mind as a paradise with a sweet courtyard, a peaceful retreat, and I was curious to see at last all her father's art and the place where this large family comes together...




































Megan likes to share. Isn't she darling? :)

Here's Eli, playing hide & seek. :)



































And here's Lucas, rounding up the elusive Eli...




































...and Anna with Megan.

So, we finally jaunted off, taking Lucy with us - Lucy on her way to 'get lucky' ;) - as they were bringing her over to breed with Shalom's parent's dog Shadow. She seemed oblivious to her big day, just happy as usual...

These are Shalom's parents, Andy & Cheryl:










































Andy took me on an hour or two long tour of all his art/furniture and showed me how it was all made. I'm putting that in it's own post because it deserves it! On our way back around the house we ended up checking the chickens for eggs w/Eli. Really, it was very Easter-y! :)





















































When the various kids and grandkids were scattered, we sat down to supper and talked. It was a nice quiet time. Afterward I went to my room and blogged and talked on the telly w/Tommy a bit. And fell asleep for my last night 'on the road'.

No comments:

Post a Comment